Wikipedia:Community Portal/Archive 18
- 1 Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge
- 2 Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias
- 3 AdvancedSearch
- 4 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)
- 5 Update on page issues on mobile web
- 6 Global preferences are available
- 7 New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JS
- 8 Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors
- 9 Request for adminship
- 10 Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now
Galicia 15 - 15 ChallengeEdit
Wikipedia:Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge is a public writing competition which will improve improve and translate this list of 15 really important articles into as many languages as possible. Everybody can help in any language to collaborate on writing and/or translating articles related to Galicia. To participate you just need to sign up here. Thank you very much.--Breogan2008 (talk) 14:26, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most WikipediasEdit
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:53, 7 May 2018 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)Edit
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to research and tools as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Rock's Backpages – Music articles and interviews from the 1950s onwards - 50 accounts
- Invaluable – Database of more than 50 million auctions and over 500,000 artists - 15 accounts
- Termsoup – Translation tool
- Fold3 – Available content has more than doubled, now including new military collections from the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Oxford University Press – The Scholarship collection now includes Electronic Enlightenment
- Alexander Street Press – Women and Social Movements Library now available
- Cambridge University Press – Orlando Collection now available
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:03, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
Update on page issues on mobile webEdit
Global preferences are availableEdit
19:19, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JSEdit
Enabling a helpful feature for Template editorsEdit
Request for adminshipEdit
En: I would like to request to be an admin and to be a bureaucrats at the Chi-Chewa Wikipedia to fix basic things, translate the main page of the site and also import stuff.
Ny: Ndikufuna kuitanitsa kuti ndikhale admin komanso kuti ndikhale maofesi ku Wikipedia ya ChiChewa kukonza zinthu zofunika, kumasulira tsamba loyamba la webusaitiyi ndikuitaniranso zinthu.
Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from nowEdit
(Please help translate to your language)
as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the
interface-admin (Interface administrators) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.